Saturday, September 5, 2009

5th September: Bricklayer's blues

Picked Simon up after lunch and home to beautiful sunshine. Simon ordered a quick fry-up (his lunch was horrible), and then elected to sit on the front verandah in the sun watching me lay bricks. I had started this job in the early morning, laying a brick border in the front yard. It is a simple thing to do but for getting the level right. I toiled away, and just as I had laid the last brick my neighbour Jan came round and said "that looks like shite marian". So tomorrow I think I will have to do it all over again. Meanwhile, Simon sat happily in the sun listening to Bruce Springsteen, and Elena McEvoy (I liked her, very sweet singer). Because he is becoming more independent he wheeled himself off down the garden path and up to the gate. I took my eyes off him for a second while I laid another brick, looked up and he was hurtling down the driveway backwards into the road. My ten metre sprint was quite impressive for an old chook. I am going to invent a hat with wing mirrors so that I can see where he is at all times!
Shirley went to the shopping mall and got Simon's DVDs; we have kept a couple back for father's day tomorrow. Our hirsuit son, Skippy Orlando, is approximately 12 years old.
The nursing staff reckon it will be possible to see the fireworks at the Royal Adelaide Show from Simon's window tonight. That will be a nice treat.
A good day, Love Marian xx

No comments:

Post a Comment