Monday, September 14, 2009

14th September: too much information

Simon declared this morning that he didn't feel so well, and I could not fathom what was giving him trouble. I came to the conclusion that it was just a "Monday" feeling. Margaret joined us for lunch at the hospital, indeed she kindly brough lunch, and for coffee afterwards in the secret garden. He perked up a lot, and even slightly embarassed me with his topic of conversation which was distinctly personal. Anyone else but Margaret would have said "too much information, Simon"! His speech was very good today, and he was explaining that he had been refusing certain medication, perhaps the sedative, and that this was helping him to be more communicative. I am joining the speech therapy session tomorrow and looking forward to that. A nice chat with our social worker this evening, just back from her hols in NSW where she enjoyed the snow. Being European I am over snow (especially the British type), but I can see why Australians love it. The social worker is going to try to arrange the full team meeting, our list of questions is growing daily. I write them down on scraps of paper as Simon thinks of them, must turf out my handbag and retrieve all of these tomorrow.
We had a nice card from Heather which made Simon smile, he likes the idea of being the regenerative doctor. Also very pleased that Henk will be visiting us in September. Then news that one of Simon's students will visit him on Wednesday with news of his imminent conference papers. Simon was very energised by that. It is great that the visitors are picking up, thanks for the effort guys, I know that many of you are experiencing your own trials at present. Have you noticed that everything gets blamed on the GFC. I heard that kids are turning up to school and using the GFC as a reason for not doing their homework! In my day, we blamed the power cuts; us kids loved the miners...
Love Marian xx

No comments:

Post a Comment