Saturday, September 26, 2009

26th September: AFL Finals


Househunting this morning, arrived at the Vale with a wheelchair to check accessibility. The one I saw was very unsuitable, a wicked slope up the driveway and no access to the bathrooms. Gerry was with me, he will help me make alterations if we do find a good place. I will see some more next week. Also popped in to see the girls, their furniture has arrived from England, it is box city in their lounge. Great to see them getting settled.

Picked Simon up at lunchtime, home just in time for the start of the AFL Final (Australian Rules): St Kilda vs Geelong. We watched this at our neighbour Jan's house, with a bunch of friends plus some barbecue grub. Simon was engrossed in the match. He had a dollar on St Kilda winning by 10, my dollar was on Geelong by 20. Geelong got it by 12 in the end. We had to watch the final quarter at the hospital - it was a good game, and I think I've understood some of the rules now!

I returned to Jan's later in the evening and polished off the white wine, hence writing this blog on Sunday morning. Simon comes home again this afternoon, looking forward to a nice peaceful day.

Love Marian x

1 comment:

  1. Hi Simon It was great to have you over for the barbeque today, you are looking exceptionally well and your improvement is no less than amazing, onwards and upwards my friend. Jan

    Glad to see you can still enjoy a wee drop of port.

    ReplyDelete