Wednesday, September 16, 2009

16th September: Simon comments on a paper

A very wet day in Adelaide, I have been soaked through twice and now discover that my shoes let in water. Despite this we had a good day. Joined Simon for lunch and a coffee, he seemed a little tired but the coffee perked him up quite well. This evening I took him fish and chips (overdid the order on the chips, enough to sink a battleship), then some nice cheese and biscuits. Half hour of TV, a phone call from David N (thanks David sorry to cut you off), then Simon's student arrived. We stayed in the TV lounge where it is quiet and read the paper that he and Simon have written together. A fascinating topic on how to rescue the archives of low lying nations in the Pacific region. He is going to present this paper next week and I think it will attract a lot of interest. I read the paper through to Simon, and he was commenting all through - mainly identifying new parts that had been added, approving of these, suggesting some minor corrections. I couldn't help throwing in my own two-pennies worth. Simon then talked about looking for publication opportunities and to go for a good journal. Our meeting lasted about an hour and Simon was fully engaged. I am very proud of him. Still gushing with pride, I arrived home late and found a dozen red roses with a card from Simon for our anniversary tomorrow. We are having a small party at the hospital tomorrow evening, I will take pictures.
Love Marian xx

No comments:

Post a Comment