Friday, September 4, 2009

4th September: Bopping with the Blockheads

Simon has spent part of the day bopping along to his new Blockheads CD (courtesy of Dave), it took me back to hear Ian Dury, and I smiled when I think how very disabled he was but never let it stop him from getting up to all sorts of mischief.
I began reading a 7 page email from Ken Fernstrom (God of Conferences) at lunchtime, second part at teatime and we are only on page four. Good value, Ken! In fact, others in the day room were also rivetted, you are fast gaining a reputation on Rehab A. Glad you are home and recovering from your travels, and all best wishes for your (near) retirement. Simon was very, very sorry to hear about your poor dog.
I got stuck into some course planning today, curriculum mapping for a new Business/HRM degree. I am having fun inventing whacky reflective and problem-based assessments. My colleagues will curse me in years to come. Sorry guys, it has to be done, Bourner is the genius composer, I'm just the piano player. Also prepped up my performance review notes for Monday, wish me luck.
Simon is home Saturday and Sunday arvo, looking forward to showing him all the painting and decorating and cleaning that has been done in the last week (by the Wynne family). Need to do a quick shop in the morning to get the list of DVDs that Simon ordered. By the way, if anyone in the UK could send me a Coronation Street omnibus I would love to see it, when I left Vera Duckworth was giving Jack grief about his pigeons, no idea what has happened since.
Love Marian x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marian and Simon
    Keeping up with your blog and great to hear how Simon is coming along. Oh yes...Ian Dury and the Blockheads - I recall my brother (Michael)buying the LP. Would love to fill you in on Corrie at some stage - maybe I'll get together with Jean as we are still both avid fans. I hope you both have a great weekend. I am off to Malaysia tomorrow for 6 days - external examining...well, someone has to do it! Catch up with you soon
    Love Jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marian and Simon,

    Lovely to see you are making such good progress Simon. Bill also likes Ian Drury... he plays him on vinyl in his shed which he has all set up with record deck and a comfy chair to sit in while he listens. You must be so happy to be able to go home at the weekends, there's no place like it when you're away from it is there? Thanks Marian for all your time on this blog, it has made it so easy to follow your progress (both of you that is).

    Much love to you both Pat, Bill and Danny xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marian, I'm afraid I have bad news for you, please be prepared for a shock.
    Vera snuffed it several months ago! But on the bright side Jack has another in tow who seems to have plenty of dosh!! Not often I get to see tv but I do like a dash of corrie now and then, don't you get it on the satelite? Sure we can fix you up with a few episodes. Simon, eat your greens!! No point in you and everyone who cares fighting and supporting your great recovery if you are visiting the pie man too often. Simple, eat healthy Simon, avoid the pie man! Fully confident that you will beat this.
    D x

    ReplyDelete