Sunday, September 27, 2009

27th September: New potatoes


Up early pottering in garden, managed to pot on a few things, then decided it was time to investigate the potato patch. In my experience, potatoes should flower before you can dig them, but this variety I have planted doesn't seem to have any flowers. I dug up five mini spuds and saved them for Simon's supper. There is nothing like a new potato straight out of the soil. I reckon in a couple of weeks they will be a decent size. I will also have broad beans ready to eat next weekend. My brocolli is rubbish, only the slugs are getting a decent feed there.
Collected Simon at lunchtime and brought him home to a bacon sarnie. It was chilly so we stayed indoors watching a DVD of 'The Secret' an Australian detective drama. It was pretty good, although both Simon and Shirley dropped off to sleep and may have missed part of the plot. Simon wanted to stay home for longer, but I did not have a doctor's permission to do that so we had to go back to rehab at 4pm. Next weekend, I hope to spring him at 9am on Saturday in time for my citizenship ceremony at 10am in Glenelg. That is going to involve a bit of racing around in my posh frock. Then I hope we may be able to spend the whole day together.
Henk arrives tomorrow and we are looking forward to his visit. Fingers and legs crossed for the Hammers tomorrow.
Love Marian x

No comments:

Post a Comment