Friday, September 18, 2009

18th September: Out of petrol

Simon survived his party and managed to get up and go this morning. Just as well the physio turned up just after breakfast. When I arrived he had already done half a day's therapy but had missed his shower. I put that right quickly, Simon is no shower dodger. Had a good chat with him before lunch about designing assessments, then left him with his new DVD player running, he has sussed out the controls already. The batteries do run down quite quickly, so I will see about obtaining a spare one. Knocked out some tute notes this arvo, and had a stab at learning to use an online-survey tool. Not keen on them, but useful for very basic data collection.
I had promised Simon a chinese take-away this evening, but they don't open until 5pm which is too late for Simon to eat (has to be synchronised with medications). At 4pm I hit on the idea of going to the Shopping Mall's food court, collecting a load of Chinese and Indian food, then running back home with it to put it through the microwave and into an insulated container. I knew that the petrol in my car was desperately low but thought I would chance just one more kilometer before stopping for fuel. 400 metres shy of the house it conked out. So I abandoned the car, ran the four hundred metres with the take-away, microwaved and packed it, phoned a cab, and arrived at one minute to five. Thankfully, it was a very nice take-away. Getting home was almost as eventful. Thank God it's Friday.
Simon will come home for his visits on Saturday and Sunday. We are expecting nice weather. At some stage I have to quiz him about what he remembers about his expenses etc in order to do his tax return.
Not sure if I mentioned that my citizenship ceremony is being arranged for 3rd October. Soon be the real thing.
Love Marian xx

No comments:

Post a Comment