Sunday, August 30, 2009

30th August: Lazy Day

Simon enjoyed his home visit again today, all up we get around 3 hours in the house. We just kicked around watching TV, chatting, and lots of cuddles. The reverse psychology did not work on Skippy, he just ignored us back....
I managed a bit of gardening this morning, in between rain showers. Our lawn is surprisingly green, but when I looked closely I realised that it was full of weeds. The rain has really encouraged them. Still better than the patch of dust that was left at the end of last summer. Many of Simon's plants are thriving and he does a tour of inspection looking closely for bugs and black-spot. The Bougainvilleas that he planted are coming on a treat, although they are vicious blighters and I am always getting snagged on them. In the Northern Territory they have a shrub that the aboriginal people call the "wait a while bush", so named because it snags anyone passing and they have to wait a while to untangle themselves!
Back to the hospital by 4.30pm. I took the liberty of resting on Simon's bed while we waited for dinner, it was surprisingly comfortable and I am glad about that.
So so result for the Hammers this weekend, Zola was so short of strikers that he considered playing himself. I would love to have seen that happen.
Love Marian xx

No comments:

Post a Comment