Thursday, August 27, 2009

27th August: Ramps approved

The occupational therapist came to our home this morning and has approved it as being OK for brief visits on weekends, around 3 hours at a time. Phew! We were worried that the ramp at the back door would not pass, however, the OT did recommend that we do a little more work on it by installing a rubber ramp inside (made from recycled tyres). I will try to get hold of one of these tomorrow. Whilst there, the OT measured up the whole house and will make a further set of recommendations once we know more about Simon's mobility. This evening, Simon was keen to stand up and put himself into bed. I persuaded him not to attempt this on my watch!
Simon's dinner was quite peculiar: spaghetti bolognese, mashed potato and brussel sprouts. The kitchen supervisor might have been at the sherry!
We had a bill for over $1000 for Simon's pathology tests today (that's what a month's worth of lab work costs). We should be able to claim most of it from our insurance and medicare.
Simon is getting quite tired from all the therapies, today he was on the go almost all day. They have promised to let him have an afternoon nap tomorrow. Could use one of those myself. My visits are timed to coincide with mealtimes so that he can eat in the day room (rather than the dreaded dining room). I take my packed lunch with me and we eat together.
A long day today, looking forward to the weekend.
Love Marian x

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on having good ramps. Hope you are getting some downtime. x

    asher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon It was great to have you over for the barbeque today, you are looking exceptionally well and your improvement is no less than amazing, onwards and upwards my friend. Jan

    ReplyDelete