Saturday, August 29, 2009

29th August: Supernatural

Simon was ready and raring to go for today's home visit. When I arrived Margaret and Rachael were visiting, and came armed with goodies: mexican pizza, cappucino, and chips. Then Simon had his lunch! We whizzed home in the access taxi, Simon chatting all the way about Rachael, he loves her company. The weather was rotten today so we were confined to the house and managed to amuse ourselves while Shirley went shopping. Simon finally persuaded me to watch an episode of Supernatural, which I really quite enjoyed. Just as well since we have two complete series on DVD. It is a bit scary for me, I'm squeamish about horror films - in fact my family will tell you that as a child I quivered behind the sofa when Doctor Who came on (particularly when cybermen were involved). We really enjoyed our day just knocking around the house. Skippy came a little bit closer and didn't bolt when he saw the wheelchair. We have decided to be nonchalant towards him, an experiment in reverse cat psychology.
Only chicken on the menu tonight, so I cooked up some meatballs, sauce, and rice to take back to the hospital for Simon's dinner. The other residents were very envious.
A spot of TV after dinner, then off to bed for Simon. He is coming home tomorrow as well, hoping for better weather.
Love Marian x

No comments:

Post a Comment