Wednesday, August 12, 2009

12th August: Simon passed fit for rehab


Simon passed his assessment for rehab this morning, now just waiting for a bed to become free and for them to assemble some equipment that he will need. This could take up to two weeks, but at least we have his ticket out.
Today Simon had a haircut by a very sweet little girl who came to the ward. He looks very handsome particularly when sporting a pair of Rayban's and a baseball cap. I have taken a photo, if anyone can tell me how to upload it here I will do so.
We took a second trip out in the wheelchair today, less adventurous because we were ticked off for keeping him out so long yesterday. Simon ordered lunch in a cafe, and then took a tour of the mini-supermarket selecting a magazine on property prices. We did need a bit of help in the supermarket - in fact they had to move an entire display of Snickers bars for us to get round a corner, however, like yesterday, everyone was very pleased to help, also assisted me in getting Simon down a rather steep ramp (more like a nursery slope).
I took a suitcase full of clothes to the hospital today, he is looking quite dapper. While we wait for the transfer to rehab, Simon and I have resolved to enjoy the City together, there are lots of nice places that we can get to in the wheelchair. Simon would also like to catch up with friends and colleagues outside of the hospital environment - so if anyone is free for an afternoon coffee in the City, let us know. You can help me with the pesky ramps.
Thanks for the card today from Jo and Charlie, Simon sends his love to you both.
All good,
Love Marian x

6 comments:

  1. As you can see, I discovered how to load the photo, looking good.
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marian
    So pleased to hear that Simon is making good progress. The photo looks really good. Have been on holiday in France last week - trop cher with the Euro rate. Now back on sunny (?) Brighton. Have caught up with your news and fingers crossed for Simon's speedy recovery.
    Take care
    Love Jennyx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, my name is Lisa Preston and I am student of Simon's from UniSA. I am in town Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays volunteering at the State Library and I am sure it would be OK to visit for a couple of hours. Please let me know the best day and time of day. I am also asking some of the other students.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great photo It's lovely to see Simon looking so well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Simon
    Well don't we look the right dandy!
    Glad to hear you got out and I hope you are behaving yourself????

    catch up soon
    Moira

    ReplyDelete