Monday, November 30, 2009

1st December: Raina's birthday


Raina is three years old today, she is so excited. At the weekend, she had a party with about 25 other kids at an animal farm. They were allowed to get up close and play with guinea pigs, rabbits, donkeys etc. Raina would select a guinea-pig and stroke it, then spotting a prettier one, would fling it away and reach for the next one. Thankfully, these guinea pigs get a lot of love and don't mind the rejection!
I wrote my usual bedtime story for her birthday, still working on the xmas version.
Big news happening here. We physically move into our new house on Monday, Asher arrives on Tuesday afternoon, and Simon gets discharged from rehab on Tuesday evening! It will be five months and two days since his stroke, almost all of that time in hospital. We cannot wait to get him home and comfortable.
Disability SA are arranging for me to have care help in the mornings and evenings, although that may not happen for a week or so. No matter, Simon and I have managed here at Brighton with no bathroom at weekends. It has been hard but we have been happy at home.
The modifications to the new house now have a rapid deadline. I hope that we can make it, if not, we will just have to improvise.
I went to our staff xmas do today. It was held at a bowling/tennis club. Very long drive to get there way East of the City in the Adelaide foothills. I tried my hand at bowls and must declare myself completely incompetent. I thank my bowling partner, Damien, for putting up with me. We lost by a glorious margin to Phil and Ludek (both accountants). I did claim to be much better at darts, but hope that nobody takes me up on that.
Love Marian x

3 comments:

  1. Brilliant news about the discharge from hospital!!! God bless

    sueg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news about the new house and Simon's discharge from Rehab. Total change for your daily routine, and no long drive to go visit Simon!! Ronnie has been on a course for a couple of days, and I missed him! My hot water bottle was a poor substitute, so I can only imagine how thrilled you must be at the prospect of having him home

    I love the idea of you writing Raina bedtime stories, what a wonderful gift for her, I'm sure she'll treasure them always.

    Love to everyone

    Helen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear that Simon has been discharged - great progress. Happy new home and I hope the move goes smoothly.
    Love Jennyx

    ReplyDelete