Tuesday, November 10, 2009

10th November: Kitchen madness

I joined Simon for lunch and dinner, only to find that his main course was missing on both occasions, and the desserts had been replaced with soup! It has been a very hot day, and I guess it is even hotter in the hospital kitchens. They could be forgiven for making mistakes in those conditions, although I do wonder whether the kitchen porters ate all the ice-creams! Fortunately, I was able to source some decent food from outside. Otherwise spent the day marking and sun-dodging. Home to water the garden, the plants were so thirsty I could hear them giggling afterwards. Then a welcome dip in the pool for me, it was like stepping into a tepid bath, just gorgeous. I may have another splash before bedtime.

Henry, the broker, rang to say that our forms have been accepted by the bank, and we just wait now for the Land Registry to give us approval. Simon's occupational therapist is going to arrange a visit to our new house with Simon as soon as we get the keys. She will be able to tell us what modifications are absolutely necessary before he can come home. This will be a great help. Really looking forward to getting settled. Simon has picked out his wide-screen TV (50 inches!).

All good, love Marian x

No comments:

Post a Comment