Monday, November 2, 2009

2nd November: marking my socks off


Have spent much of today marking. Not a bad job, and I really enjoy reading some of the students' work, especially the reflective stuff. Happily, most of those I marked today got over the standard, and some by a long margin which is very pleasing.


Dropped in to see Simon at lunchtime, he was in a physio session, and all is going well there. I was, of course, quizzed about our weekend at home. We made it, not easily, but at least I know this is achievable even with the minimum facilities and equipment. I could do with two sets of eyes and hands and a lesser weight disadvantage. We are both working on the latter.


Thanks for the message from Nick B today. Simon was still in physio, but the nurse wrote down exactly what you said. Good on ya, Nick.


We have plunged from 33 degrees to 16 degrees in the last hour. What a strange climate this is. However, we are grateful for the rain which may just save the lawn.
Today's picture is of Simon and our neighbour, Jan. Guess what guys, she is available! Get posting....

Love, Marian x

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marion,

    In regards to a computer with touch screen capabilities I think windows 7 supports it but im not sure if theres many programs out at the moment capable of doing it. However, Dr Jelbart - not sure if Simon has come in contact with her - showed me a headset she uses which allows you to verbally tell your computer what you want to do and/or type. I don't have it but she told me it takes a little bit of time to set it up, so that it understands your personal voice but then its really good; especially if your hands are impaired. I may very well get one over christmas because she told me about it at the start of the year and I was just focused on Uni at the time. It sounded really good though also Im not sure what faculty Simon is in but you can buy software that supports your given industry, Miranda's is medience and she said psychology is avalible as well as many others. I did get a price on it but I can't remember exactly what it was now. It was not cheap but I do remember thinking for what it does its actually quiet reasonably priced.

    Tell Simon I send my regards and I'll see if I can some more information for you.

    Blake

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha it pays to look through you records before you post a comment.

    http://www.voicerecognition.com.au/dragon_naturally_speaking.htm

    That's their website if you want to have a look.

    Blake

    ReplyDelete