Sunday, November 15, 2009

15th November: Long hot days, many spiders

Simon's rehab routine continues as normal. He is making good progress in physio and there is probably more improvement to come there. At home, he has been trying to use the computer. He can now type most of his username without assistance, and he dictates messages to send to people. Some of these are a bit odd, but I faithfully transcribe them, and the recipients seem to appreciate the effort.

I must confess that I got fed up with Facebook and deregistered. What on earth is this 'farming' business about? and how do they find the time to spend half the day on the internet with this garbage? Sorry guys, I just think this is wasteful and expensive and ruining. Forget Facebook and X-Factor, read a good book, go to live concerts, grow roses, make love, travel if you can; then write about it to your friends . Rant over. Facebook dead....

Mel and Pen popped in this afternoon. They had a good old chat with Simon made him laugh a lot. Mostly about fart jokes but they are always good value.

Love Marian x

3 comments:

  1. Should have explained about the spiders. I decided to clear a patch of overgrown shrubbery near the swimming pool. I was overrun by spiders - over my arms legs, my face. Had to leap into the pool. I found a dead one in my hair just now. Australia is good, just a lot of wriggly things.

    M x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about Facebook, and am totally freaked out by the spiders.

    We are having a big time, selling our flat and planning a snowboarding trip to Canada next year - put my surfboards on Ebay yesterday as a result of both of these. That's all my news :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Marian and Simon

    It is odd reading all the hot weather entries when the UK is buffetted by storms. By global standards nothing really, but as you will remember by our standards something dramatic requiring the shutdown of transport etc.

    I am rather proud that I have never even ventured onto Facebook, although some seem to love it. The danger appears to be that we are duplicating communication channels - and then I hear complaints that people do not have enough time in their days. I share Simon's interest in Ebay - I don't know if I should admit it but I have passed the 400 purchases. I am either very IT enabled or a shopaholic.

    Love
    Mark

    ReplyDelete