Tuesday, November 17, 2009

18th November: New Home

We successfully completed on our new home in McLaren Vale yesterday, I went up to collect the keys in the afternoon and took a car-load of stuff to begin the moving process. All looks good, everything left clean and tidy, and no obvious problems. There is a bit of over-painting to do, there are some very bold colours in a couple of the rooms. My preference is for quiet, gentle colours. Gerry is going in to the house this morning to begin dismantling the shower screen. We will take Simon up on Friday with his occupational therapist, and we plan to do a walk through to work out what modifications are needed urgently. We will stop for lunch in the Vale.
I stayed over with Mel and Pen last night, their place is looking really good now. Drove Mel to work during the peak hour traffic - not nice, I plan to try to hit the roads at quieter times or take the slower road. The expressway takes about 15 minutes off the journey, but I fear that the stress may take years off my life.
Skippy is cross with me (showing me his dot) because I had to leave him outside last night (I left the shed slightly open and I know full well that he spent a comfortable night in there because there was a cat-shaped indentation in a sleeping bag and all of the food and biscuits had been eaten). However, Skippy prefers the comfort of a double bed, duvet and several pillows plus the option to wake me up in the middle of the night to attend to his every need. Why am I so soft with this cat? Will take some photos of the new house on Friday.
BTW I had some technical trouble with the blog. To fix it I had to set my internet privacy and security settings to medium. Perhaps the IT nerds out there would advise me about the implications of this, and can it be avoided?
All good,

Love Marian x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marian

    Excellent news about completion on your new home in McLaren Vale! House purchase is legendarily stressful and now its done!

    I've not sent any comment for a long while because I lost my password. Hoped it would turn up eventually. And it has ... I found it under the bed covered in fluff (with all sorts of other exciting things).

    I saw Trix Webber (and Don) yesterday and have sent her a link to your blog. I suggested that she take a look at some of your early (July) postings and compare them with some of the recent (Nov) ones. When I got home I did just that myself and it gives a dramatic sense of the extent and speed of Simon's journey to recovery. It probably doesn't seem that way to you as you're living it hour-by-hour. I can recommend comparing the July and postings with the later ones.

    Love
    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marian

    Such great news - well done! May you both enjoy lots of luck and happiness in your new home.

    I agree with Tom, Simon's progress has been incredible. When I recall seeing him in Intensive Care on my arrival in Australia I am continually amazed that his determination and the care and support of yourself, your family and friends and his medical team have led to his terrific progress in such a short time.

    Keep up the good work!

    All my love
    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marian & Simon

    Great news about the house. You must have broken a few records there to complete so quickly. Once the mods are done for Simon you can both look forward to some good times together in your own home. In time for Christmas too.

    Best Wishes

    David

    ReplyDelete