Sunday, November 22, 2009

23rd November: Packing and Painting


Got Simon home again for the weekend. Unfortunately I forgot to pick up his shower chair so we had to improvise again. Thankfully all went well. Simon was quite exhausted on Saturday and snoozed most of the day while I pottered in the garden. We picked out lots of good tunes, my favourite this week was Shelby Lynne; she sings like an angel. Sunday we had some more rain and this kept us indoors for much of the day. Simon decided to start packing up his CDs and DVDs (there are many thousands). He has packed five boxes, so I can begin shifting those up to the new house. The sun came out finally, and I managed to get a coat of paint on the side of the shed. Simon wanted to help me but I couldn't squeeze his wheelchair past the pool fence. Next weekend we will have a go at painting the front gates, he can reach those easily. It was good to see Simon active, he also helped to prepare some dinner - he chops vegetables and lays the table. He also dictated some email replies, and is getting much better at using the mouse and keyboard.

Today's pic is of Simon by the pool with his beloved pot plants.

Love Marian x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Simon and Marian,
    Congratulations on the new house, and good luck with the move. A busy and stessful time, but exciting too! I recall selling my first place and buying my second all within 9 days, and then moving in about 2 weeks later. I loved it! Nothing like getting it all over and done with, and no faffing about.
    Great to hear Simon that you are progressing in leaps and bounds. The journey is continuing well....
    Hope your week goes well.
    Regards,
    Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon and Marian,
    Congratulations with the new house and glad to see Simon's enthusiasm in helping you out.

    We are still here continually following your post and hoping that I will be able to finish all my Uni works soon and then I can have a break and visit you both before I start with my summer unit. By the way, when do you intend to move to your new house at Willunga. See you soon.

    Big Hugs,
    Jelina, Malcolm & Marlon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marian and Simon,
    Happy new home! Hope you are both settling in OK. Have been keeping up with your news and pleased that Simon is making great progress. I have to agree with you about Facebook - waste of time! Take care and look after yourselves.
    Love Jennyx

    ReplyDelete