Friday, November 27, 2009

27th November: hopitty-hop

Off to work early this morning, mainly to collect stuff for my negotiation course and sort out some admin. Had an interesting experience in the car-park, a colleague had left her handbrake off and her car had glided across the car-park leaving everyone scratching their heads - why would someone park a car like that? All quickly sorted.
Then off to McLaren Vale where I found Gerry has made amazing progress - new doors created, others widened. I couldn't believe how much had been done, and I am so grateful to him. At this rate, we are certainly on target to have Simon in the new house in two weeks' time. I painted a wall in the lounge. Meanwhile, Rachael and Raina (aged three next week came to visit). Raina is very good at hopping on her right leg and proceeded to hop all around the house. When asked if she could hop on her left leg, Raina said "I'm not sure", tried it, and fell flat on her face! Without injury, I might add, rather like her mother who survived being catapulted 2 metres from a push-chair at 18 months (while in the care of 'young auntie Marian'!).
Many thanks to Margaret who took the lunch session with Simon, (have found a way of ordering him double fish and chips on Fridays). I went up for supper with Sausages, beans and baked spuds. I usually eat my lunch and dinner with Simon now and have got quite used to eating at hospital hours (12noon and 5pm). Simon had at least two physio sessions today, and there was more to come. The physio students are currently on work placement, and they like to get all the experience that they can (and are very competitive amongst themselves), so Simon is benefitting from this. He also benefits from their refreshing attitude to their work - they are not worn down, they have energy and enthusiasm, and seem to be well trained and educated. It is not surprising that so many Ozzies get physio posts in the UK.
I have drawn up a plan of Simon's music room using MSoft Visio and am hoping that he can tell me how to place things in the room. I need to be certain about this because I have to instruct an electrician on Monday about where to place power-points etc. The last time I did this I made many mistakes, really I am hopeless at interior layout and decorating (apart from painting). When it is finished, I hope that Simon will have a magnificent music room worthy of his collection. The music room looks out over the garden, and perhaps we can get him some French doors directly onto the patio.
I have felt a little stressed in recent weeks but this is easing now. I plan to go fishing in the evenings, no plans to catch anything, just a peaceful thing to do.
Love Marian x

1 comment:

  1. Less than a month for Xmas...
    Are thoughts and prayers are always with you!!!

    Hugs and kisses
    Nancy - Jiorgos

    ReplyDelete