Monday, July 20, 2009

20th July: Two weeks in

We are now two weeks into Simon's journey, and it feels like we've come a long way. Some aspects of Simon's condition are now under control, and he is making progress. We were told today that it might be quite some time before we can get Simon to rehab, so we will have to be patient.
Today Simon was very sleepy, he woke briefly to have some lunch (he refused the spinach and I don't blame him), he listened to his messages which I read every day, and had a look at the newspaper. Then off to the land of nod.
I have been told that I can take food for him from home, so tomorrow he is going to get a nice home-made shepherd's pie (well mashed). He seemed mighty pleased about that.
Thanks for all the contributions to the blog, emails, and cards. If you want to add a posting there are instructions under 'raining cats and dogs in adelaide', scroll down to the post by Asherros.
Love Marian x

5 comments:

  1. Tell Simon England have just beaten the Oz's in the 2nd Ashes Test match!

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Marian,

    tell Simon that I am crossing all my fingers for his recovery! And tell him that I have always thought of him as a rather special person. And I want to thank you for writing this courageous and generous blog - I follow it every day.

    Lots of love from Sussex!
    X Magdalena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marian,

    We have never met and I have only met Simon twice in connection with the BIM programmes, although we have had some email contact in between those meetings. I have just found out via Moira about Simon's situation. I wish him all the best for continued good progress with his recovery. From what you write here, he is doing remarkably well, which is wonderful and heartening news.

    Kind regards,
    Katherine Howard

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marian

    Please pass my best wishes on to Simon for a ongoing and complete recovery

    Best regards

    James Ramirez

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marian

    Good to see that Simon is continuing to make good progress towards a full recovery. I've nothing else to say than that really but I thought I'd just let you know that I'm still quietly rooting for him (and you).

    Take care (...of yourself as well as him)

    Tom

    ReplyDelete