Saturday, July 18, 2009

18th July: Lost in the Botanic Park

Simon had another quiet day, still very tired and sleepy. He did not much like the fish they gave him for dinner, or the custard to follow. While Shirley was chatting to him he declared quite clearly "I am a University Lecturer", not quite sure what prompted that, it might have been a previous conversation.
A colleague from UniSA popped in this afternoon and brought a copy of the paper that she and Simon had just written, he had a good look at the front page. I will read it to him tomorrow when he is awake. Simon had a number of papers in progress, and I am wondering what to do about those. I think some were just about ready for publication. If you were expecting a paper from Simon, please let me know, I can try to find it on the computer.
When we left he had been turned onto his side to relieve the pressure on his back, and he looked peaceful.
On leaving the hospital I got myself into a bit of a pickle on the road. My lane was blocked and so was forced to go straight on and ended up in the botanic gardens, then a loop around the north of the city by the Torrens river, tried to get back onto my route but was forced straight on to Victoria Square, the markets and China town. In this way Shirley inadvertently got her first guided tour of the City of Adelaide!
Shirley is now in the kitchen cooking up a storm. Skippy looks on hopefully as she expertly disects a chicken...
I got out and mowed the lawn today, again good to do some normal stuff. We have our first daffodils poking through, and one of Simon's potatoes showed itself yesterday morning. He was very pleased with that.

Love Marian xx

2 comments:

  1. Hi Marian and Simon,
    I am Jelina (one of Simon's student and Malcolm will be Simon's future student who will be doing PhD in Cognitive). We've been meaning to visit him in person but I have contrcated this dreaded swine flu so it's better not to visit him for awhile.

    Glad to hear that Simon is feeling better and his mind still sharp. Thank you for keeping us up to date with his progress, though take care yourself too.

    Kind regards,
    Jelina and Malcolm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marian - thanks for starting the blog - I think of Simon often and it is great to hear of his progress. Diana

    ReplyDelete