Sunday, October 11, 2009

October 11th: Simon the Commis Chef

A bit of housework this morning, then off to collect Simon from rehab. Found him in good spirits and ready to go. The whole of our neighbourhood had decided it was the day for garage sales and we popped into the neighbour's three doors down. Simon scored a tigger soft toy to go with his collection, he does look a bit like Skippy.
Home for lunch and then some music. Simon sat out in the shade and directed my gardening activities. I was just pottering really, tidying up and weeding. He is desperate to go to the garden centre and spend loads on plants, but of course that needs to wait until we have moved. In McLaren Vale, there are two garden centres that he could get to in his wheelie, so they are in for a sales bonanza when Simon arrives.
At tea-time, Simon announced that he was going to help in the kitchen, here you can see him making the salad which he did quite well (note our cat Skippy trying to sneak into a kitchen cupboard). His plan is to learn to cook properly so that he can have my dinners ready when I come home from work. Good plan, Shurv!
In a further break for independence, Simon has decided that he will take taxis from and to rehab by himself at weekends. I wasn't too happy about this but agreed to a compromise, I will drive to the hospital and see him into the taxi, checking out the driver and vehicle first. If I am happy, he travels alone and I drive my car in front. Then for the return in the evening, I check out the driver and vehicle, and if satisfied he travels back alone. This worked well today because we had two mature drivers with good vehicles. I phoned to check that Simon had arrived safely, of course he had.
Rain this evening to save me from watering the yard.
Love Marian x

No comments:

Post a Comment