Wednesday, October 28, 2009

28th October: 22 Steps

Good sleep, then out early to catch Simon's physio session. Watched him transferring independently from the bed to chair etc. He is really strong now and manages without assistance. It is likely that we will get permission for overnight leave this weekend. The second part of the physio session was in the gym where I watched Simon take 22 steps in two series. He only needs a brace on the lower leg to keep the ankle straight. Simon is managing to do this even though he has no feeling in the lower leg.
I left him to his own devices at lunchtime while they had a ward BBQ. Simon managed to get second helpings again. Home to bash out some marking - nearly finished, then had a cool dip in the pool.
Found Simon waiting for me at the door this evening, I brought take-away and he was starving after all the physio sessions. Great news, he is to be allowed to use the hydrotherapy pool this Friday, and if all goes well, he gets to swim twice a week from then on. He will be so happy, he loves the water. I will try to get to the swimming session on Friday morning, I want to see how they get him in and out of the pool.

Thanks for cards from Miranda, and Margaret & Gerry. I think Simon has also taken some phone calls, he loves to talk.
All good,

Love Marian x

No comments:

Post a Comment