Saturday, October 17, 2009

17th October: A century of posts

Just realised that this is my one hundreth post on this blog. In politics they always count the first one hundred days and then report on what the president/prime minister has actually achieved. The honeymoon period is over, as they say. Our honeymoon is only just beginning. I love Simon more deeply now than I ever did, and treasure all the time we have together. And our first 100 days have been remarkable.
We spent the afternoon happily at home with a Steve Coogan DVD (the one about the pest controller), it was hilarious. Well done, BBC. By the way, I am still waiting for my Corrie Street episodes that were promised! Simon managed to get in and out of his armchair again without any great difficulty. I am beginning to regret buying it in leather because he does slide downwards in the chair. The fabric version might have been better.
Dug up some spuds from the veggie patch and had those for tea. I am worrying that we will not be able to eat all of the potatoes that we have grown (approximately 90 kilos; twice my weight!). Maybe I can swap some for lemons with my neighbours.
Think there are a bunch of Whitaker birthdays imminent or recent. Happy birthdays guys, go wild!
Love Marian x

1 comment:

  1. Stoke City 2, West Ham 1. Oh dear, the mighty potters did give you a spanking.
    Give our love to UNCLE Shurv, lol. We wish him a speedy recovery. xxx
    Congrats on becoming an Aussie and the house.
    Lots of love
    Garry & Mark
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete