Sunday, October 4, 2009

4th October: Simon and George at home




Couldn't work out the camera today, so have uploaded a photo of Simon walking in the gym last week.
Daylight savings time arrived today, I forgot and was rushing about already an hour late for everything this morning. That aside, we had an excellent day. After signing the contract on the new house I picked up Simon and his room-mate, George, from Rehab and back home for a nice lunch. We managed to get them both into one access taxi. George now has an electric wheelchair so very easy for him to get around; he reckons this wheelchair is worth around $16,000 and all provided for by the state. Nice work South Australia. We cooked steak, chips and salad washed down with a couple of cold ones. George was good company, and I hope these two lads will stay in touch after rehab.

We listened to some nice music, then the lads fell asleep in the sunshine. Don't worry I protect them from the rays. While they slept I made a pizza for tea. Checked their blood sugars, then returned them to rehab in perfect condition. I am a little proud of myself that I could manage two very disabled men without incident.
Daylight savings produced a wonderful free hour to work in the garden this evening. So despite the inconvenience at the beginning of the day, I was very grateful for it by this evening.
Simon comes home again tomorrow because we have a public holiday. He has requested a quiet day indoors with the DVD. Perfect .
Love Marian xx

3 comments:

  1. Hi Simon and Marian,
    Great to be reading of all the progress, and of all the things that are happening in your lives right now. Congratulations on becoming a citizen of Australia Marian, and a permanent resident Simon. Congratulations too on the new house. How exciting! I just love the thrill of buying a new place (mind you, I've only done it twice), and making new plans. It's a pretty straightforward process here too.
    Sounds like your lives are pretty full right now, and I hope you enjoy your relaxing day at home tomorrow.
    All the best,
    Jacquie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marian and Simon
    Congrats to you both,I am well impressed with the progress on you both, Marian I well remember the panic two little people caused the weekend you took them camping in the van then dared to answer a call of nature and left them outside. Then to be faced with the entire campsite in a panic over two abandoned kids! You have come a long way girl!!! Your coping skills will become legend!! I wish we werent so far away, but enjoy the blog daily and your exploits.
    Love
    Gail, David and the (not so little)Sprogs.
    xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marian and Simon,
    Glad to see Simon's progress. Marian thank you for your reply to my last posting and emailing me personally. We have been thinking of visiting both of you but Malcolm hasn't been well. We are going to Camp Coorong for a couple of days might do him good, maybe next time you and Simon might want to join with us, check the link: http://www.jelinhaines.com. Also, congratulations, you are finally an Aussie. Ngarrindjeri culture never say goodbye but see you later.

    ReplyDelete